I found the most awesome Legend of Zelda fabric at JoAnn Fabrics a while back and bought the entire bolt. Aftwr a long search, I finally found a nice fabric to match. I decided the first thing I’m making is a backpack.
I drafted my pattern by looking at a backpack I owned then made a muslin to test it out.
I tried my best to match the patterns.. not so easy! I used a thick woven interfacing to make the fabric more sturdy. This was my first time using metal zippers; not too bad except when I forgot they were metal and broke 6 needles (haha). Even after messing up a few times, I think it turned out well.