I have been playing around with embroidering again. I am making snap tab keychains and bookmarks for my upcoming convention!
I learned how to use epoxy and make custom tumblers. I was able to make some in time as gifts for Christmas! Right now I have a make-shift manual cup turner (which is a pain and very time consuming), but I plan on designing and building my own motorized cup turner – this will make the process much easier! I learned how to do this by watching a ton of YouTube videos 🙂
Patterns for Pirates posted a free pattern for an infinity scarf with a pocket (link here). I’ve made 3 as gifts for Christmas and my giftees loved them. These are so fun to make! I like to call them snack scarves because I like to keep snacks in them 🙂
I will be offering them for sale in my etsy shop soon!
You can now buy my items online! http://sourkissdesigns.etsy.com
In the coming weeks I will be reopening my Etsy store and redesigning my website!
I recently had my first commission! A friend asked me to make a travel bag set for his wife’s birthday. She liked her gift! 😀
Fabric is from spoonflower here
Made with cotton gauze fabric that I accidently bought XD
Still trying to get the hang of making these travel bags with the piping around the edges
I’ve challenged myself to try to make at least one thing a day
Super cute retro travel makeup bag
Last Christmas I made my mom a tote bag and now for mother’s day I made her a matching coupon wallet. The wallet was not that easy to make!
This bag was a pain to make but it’s super cute! Follow my Instagram for progress pictures 🙂
I finally got my hands on this fabric (even though it’s only half a yard..) and made this gift for a friend. I plan to make more and different kinds of makeup/travel bags! (Just need to find more of this fabric XD)
I found the most awesome Legend of Zelda fabric at JoAnn Fabrics a while back and bought the entire bolt. Aftwr a long search, I finally found a nice fabric to match. I decided the first thing I’m making is a backpack.
I drafted my pattern by looking at a backpack I owned then made a muslin to test it out.
I tried my best to match the patterns.. not so easy! I used a thick woven interfacing to make the fabric more sturdy. This was my first time using metal zippers; not too bad except when I forgot they were metal and broke 6 needles (haha). Even after messing up a few times, I think it turned out well.