Still trying to get the hang of making these travel bags with the piping around the edges
I’ve challenged myself to try to make at least one thing a day
Super cute retro travel makeup bag
Last Christmas I made my mom a tote bag and now for mother’s day I made her a matching coupon wallet. The wallet was not that easy to make!
This bag was a pain to make but it’s super cute! Follow my Instagram for progress pictures 🙂
I finally got my hands on this fabric (even though it’s only half a yard..) and made this gift for a friend. I plan to make more and different kinds of makeup/travel bags! (Just need to find more of this fabric XD)
I found the most awesome Legend of Zelda fabric at JoAnn Fabrics a while back and bought the entire bolt. Aftwr a long search, I finally found a nice fabric to match. I decided the first thing I’m making is a backpack.
I drafted my pattern by looking at a backpack I owned then made a muslin to test it out.
I tried my best to match the patterns.. not so easy! I used a thick woven interfacing to make the fabric more sturdy. This was my first time using metal zippers; not too bad except when I forgot they were metal and broke 6 needles (haha). Even after messing up a few times, I think it turned out well.
I’ve been experimenting with different ways to make the PokemonGo hats. Iron on transfers are okay; spray on fabric paint however was not. After letting the paint dry then washing per instructions, the paint faded. I really liked the color too! 😦 Next up I will experiment with embroidering the hats instead.
Now that I am taking a break from classes, I wanted to make my PokémonGo avatar’s hat to wear around as I walked around looking for Pokémon. Then I thought, why not make a bunch of them and see if people would be interested in buying them.
Currently I have the one avatar’s design in yellow and red. I will be on offering it in blue as well (since everyone I came across asked for it) along with other custom colors. I am also planning on making other various Pokémon hat designs. I will post updates and work on getting these posted on my etsy store.
I used my 3D printer to print out some reindeer antlers to wear on Christmas. I printed them in white PLA filament then painted them a more ivory color. I used an elastic cord and tied a clasp on each end for easier use. Download the file here.
I made Tardis earrings as another gift for someone. Download the file here.
I downloaded this file from thingiverse and printed it at a quarter scale to make small enough dinosaurs. I broke off the loops that printed on the dinosaurs backs, filed down the rough parts, drilled a hole in the center and added small eye screws. My sister is going to love these!
I also made a cute dinosaur Christmas card on shutterfly to match (original photo found on Google) :]
For my Solid Modeling class, our final project was to make a functional cellphone holder. Of course i had to make a Batman one. Hopefully I will get to reprint it in black. Or I could just paint this one.
It can even fold up and fit into your pocket!
during the summer break between classes, I decided to teach myself how to crochet. I figure if I start now I can crochet everyone something for Christmas.
I started out practicing the different types of stitches and made some bows.
My sister is leaving for graduate school in 2 weeks to study to become a Pharmacist. As her going away present, I made her a cookie jar that looks like a prescription bottle. It is filled with sugar cookies that look like pills :]
I found a label picture in google search and edited it to look more like the ones at the pharmacy where she works. I couldn’t find orange cellophane so I used red and yellow (putting the yellow on the outside) to make it look orange. Then I just put a square of fabric over the sealing cap and screwed the lid over it.
I had to take a gym class and a needed a tote bag to carry a change of clothes, water bottle, and my essentials (phone, wallet, keys). Instead of buying one, I took an old Batman hoodie I had and made it into a tote bag.
I found this awesome homespun yellow plaid fabric at Joann Fabrics for the inside lining that matched perfectly. I took apart the hoodie with a seam ripper and drew my pattern right onto it. Since sweatshirt fabric stretches, I attached a stiff interfacing to it. I used left over pieces of the hoodie to make pockets on the lining and added a welt pocket.
A while back I was going through some old things and came upon an old box for holding keys. I decided I wanted to refinish the front with this awesome giraffe picture I found online and store some necklaces inside.
I tweaked the picture in Photoshop to make the colors more similar to the color of the box since I didn’t want to repaint the entire box (though I am still debating on it).
I used Mod Podge to glue the picture onto the box then put 2 more coats over top the picture.
I desperately wanted to make an awesome serving dish like the DIY Dinosaur Serving Dish made by Three Little Monkeys Studio
I went in search of a large dinosaur but strangely I could not find any. However, I did find a unicorn! I followed the DIY instructions except I did not paint the plate. Since the unicorn was more rubber like than hard plastic I filled the inside with spray foam. The cut did not come out as even as I would have liked, but it still is pretty awesome.
For valentine’s day I made this cute light bulb decoration for my love. I was inspired by Design Sponges DIY project.
For Christmas, my mom got me a Wacom Intuos tablet to get me drawing again. So of course I made this case for it to match my surface case :]