I learned how to use epoxy and make custom tumblers. I was able to make some in time as gifts for Christmas! Right now I have a make-shift manual cup turner (which is a pain and very time consuming), but I plan on designing and building my own motorized cup turner – this will make the process much easier! I learned how to do this by watching a ton of YouTube videos 🙂
My sister is leaving for graduate school in 2 weeks to study to become a Pharmacist. As her going away present, I made her a cookie jar that looks like a prescription bottle. It is filled with sugar cookies that look like pills :]
I found a label picture in google search and edited it to look more like the ones at the pharmacy where she works. I couldn’t find orange cellophane so I used red and yellow (putting the yellow on the outside) to make it look orange. Then I just put a square of fabric over the sealing cap and screwed the lid over it.
A while back I was going through some old things and came upon an old box for holding keys. I decided I wanted to refinish the front with this awesome giraffe picture I found online and store some necklaces inside.
I tweaked the picture in Photoshop to make the colors more similar to the color of the box since I didn’t want to repaint the entire box (though I am still debating on it).
I used Mod Podge to glue the picture onto the box then put 2 more coats over top the picture.
I desperately wanted to make an awesome serving dish like the DIY Dinosaur Serving Dish made by Three Little Monkeys Studio
I went in search of a large dinosaur but strangely I could not find any. However, I did find a unicorn! I followed the DIY instructions except I did not paint the plate. Since the unicorn was more rubber like than hard plastic I filled the inside with spray foam. The cut did not come out as even as I would have liked, but it still is pretty awesome.
For valentine’s day I made this cute light bulb decoration for my love. I was inspired by Design Sponges DIY project.
On Valentine’s day I received my first ever bouquet of roses. I want to keep these roses forever so I hung them upside down to dry out. I decided to experiment and make an arrangement with them. I found this interesting owl vase at Walmart and bought some dried baby’s breath and fake leaves from Joanns.
After an hour of messing around with everything I came up with this: